ST. ALBERT YOUTH MUSICAL ASSOCIATION
Magic and Fairy Tales
What do little lambs, Mary Poppins, Charlie Brown and Wicked have in common?
Come and find out on May 13 and 14 at the Arden Theatre. It’s a festival of much loved music, costumes and stories!
May 13 at 7:00 the Children’s Choir kick off the festival with You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown followed by the Youth Singers’ take on the ever popular Wicked.
Return at 1:00 on May 14 for Mother Goose’s Little Lambs with the Mini Singers and then Mary Poppins with the Little Singers.
Tickets are $12, general seating. Call 780-418-4184 for more information and to book your tickets now!
Usual times for each choir, but at a new location for March 24th and April 23rd.
You can find a map HERE.
Mar. 24: all rehearsals at Bertha Kennedy School at 175 Larose Drive
Mar. 31: all rehearsals cancelled for spring break
At J.J. Nearing School, as usual – see J.J. Nearing School (map)
January 14th is registration night, so for new singers or those who haven’t paid for the full year, now’s your chance!
The rehearsals go at the usual times – parents can register their kids while they rehearse!
SALS (Littles, grades Kindergarten to grade 2): 6:15-6:45 PM
SACC (Children, grades 3 to 5): 6:45-7:30 PM
SAYS (Youth, grades 6 & up): 7:30-8:30 PM
***NOTE** – the Minis choir (ages 3 and 4) will start on February 25th.
See you there!
J.J. Nearing School is unavailable, but the Shriners have graciously agreed to let us use their place again.
Usual times for each choir – remember to head upstairs, using the north single door!
(Map available – click on Maps)
Thursday Oct. 22 – J.J. Nearing School is unavailable, but the Al-Shamal Shriners have graciously allowed us to use their upstairs space again.
Usual times for each choir.
Saturday Oct. 24 – WORKSHOP DAY
We return to the upstairs hall at the Shrine Center for a Saturday workshop!
Check out the new times for each choir:
Ticket fees are now required in September. Remember that our best fundraiser is having people come to enjoy our concerts, so each family will purchase 6 tickets per concert.
- Minis (SAMS, ages 3-4): the cost is $100 (membership fee) + $72 (tickets), per term.
- Littles (SALS, Kindergarten-grade 2): the cost is $170 (membership fee) + $72 (tickets), per term, or $320 (membership fee) + $144 (tickets) for the full year.
- Children’s (SACC, grades 3-5), the cost is $170 (membership fee) + $72 (tickets), per term, or $320 (membership fee) + $144 (tickets) for the full year.
- Youth (SAYS, grades 6 & up), the cost is $170 (membership fee) + $72 (tickets), per term, or $320 (membership fee) + $144 (tickets) for the full year.
- Separate cheques for membership fees and tickets are necessary and appreciated. Ask about our post-dated cheque options (October 1 and November 1)!
Mark these down in your calendars:
September 10th – BOTTLE DRIVE!
Oct. 1 – rehearsal will be at a different location, to be announced (TBA)
Saturday, Oct. 24 – WORKSHOP (location and times TBA)
Oct. 29 – Pyjama night!
Nov. 26 – different location (TBA)
Nov. 27 – rehearsal at St. Albert United Church
Nov. 28 – Afternoon concert for Minis and Littles
Nov. 28 – Evening concert for Children and Youth
Many “to be announced” items here, so watch for an e-mail from Verla for details as we get them. And don’t forget our Facebook page!
Our first rehearsal and registration night will be
Thursday, Sept. 10th
J.J. Nearing School – now CONFIRMED! Here’s a map: J.J. Nearing map
If you’re new to us and have not yet pre-registered, please do so at this location:
See you there – bring your chequebook! Registrations and welcome information will be available prior to each choir’s rehearsal times (below).
- St. Albert Little Singers (SALS), Kindergarten to grade 2 – 6:15 PM-6:45 PM
- St. Albert Children’s Choir (SACC), grades 3 to 5 – 6:45 PM-7:30 PM
- St. Albert Youth Singers (SAYS), grades 6 & up – 7:30 PM-8:30 PM